Houston Property Damage Lawyer
Suffering from property damage can be stressful and frustrating, whether it’s caused by a natural disaster, an accident, or a negligent act. At Herbert Trial Law, we understand the intricacies of property law and are committed to representing your best interests.
As a leading Houston property damage lawyer, we take on the legal burdens so that you can focus on rebuilding and recovery. If you’re considering hiring a lawyer because someone caused damage to your personal property, schedule a free consultation with our team today.
Understanding When to Pursue a Property Damage Claim in Houston
Experiencing damage or destruction to your personal or business property can leave you in a tough spot. The cost of these damages can range from a few thousand to even millions of dollars. That’s why you need a skilled Houston property damage lawyer to assess your claim’s value accurately. Regardless of the cause, a property damage claim can be initiated to reimburse the repair costs associated with the damage.
Here are some instances that typically warrant a property damage claim.
- Severe Weather Conditions: Given Houston’s susceptibility to extreme weather events like storms and floods, these can often lead to loss of life, injuries, and substantial property damage.
- Building Construction Failures: If a property’s construction does not adhere to requisite safety codes and guidelines, construction flaws may ensue. These could lead to wall fissures, water leakages, and structural collapses, among other deficiencies.
- Acts of Negligence: A significant number of property damage claims in Houston result from negligence. A person is deemed negligent when they fail to take appropriate care, leading to property damage.
- Insufficient Repairs: When a repair task inadequately performed leads to financial losses for the property owner, a property damage claim can be filed. For instance, if a contractor fails to mend a leaking roof, causing extensive water damage, mold formation, and wood decay, the property owner can sue the contractor for subpar repair work.
If your property has sustained damage, get in touch with a proficient attorney to assist in filing an insurance claim or pursuing legal action against the negligent party responsible for the damage to your home or business. Reach out to Herbert Trial Law, your dependable Houston property damage lawyer, to help you navigate these complex processes.
Types of Property Damage Cases We Handle
At Herbert Trial Law, we are proficient in managing a broad array of residential and commercial property damage cases. Our expertise spans across both residential and commercial property damaged due to another’s negligence.
Our team is equipped to handle all types of damage inflicted upon residential properties, including these instances.
- Flood, Fire, and Smoke Damage
- Damage Resulting from Falling Trees and Debris
- Wind, Storm, and Hail Damage
- Water Leakages
- Theft-Related Claims
We also extend our services to commercial properties and are experienced in dealing with damages, including the following.
Damages to Commercial Properties such as:
- Apartment and Condo Complexes, inclusive of HOAs
- Office Buildings
- Retail Properties, Shopping Centers, and Restaurants
- Warehouse and Industrial Buildings
- Schools, Churches, and other Government and Civic Buildings
- Damaged Roofs and Walls, Interior, Flooring, and Furnishings
- Flooding Damage
- Windstorm, Hail, and Hurricane Damage
- Fire-Related Damages
- Any other Property Damage caused by Hurricanes or Other Natural Disasters
- Business Interruption
- Inventory Losses
- Equipment Repair, Re-installation, and Calibration
- Loss of Rents
At our law firm, your trusted Houston property damage lawyer, we help you file a property damage claim. We manage your case with the utmost precision and care, regardless of the type or scale of property damage incurred. We are here to help you navigate these difficult times and assist you in securing the compensation you rightly deserve.
When you work with a trusted Houston car accident attorney, you are more likely to win your claim. Additionally, you are much more likely to reach a higher settlement and recover the funds you actually need to rebuild your future.
Do I Really Need a Property Damage Attorney?
There might be instances where handling your claim independently works out fine. However, it’s common to find homeowners insurance companies prioritizing their own interests over those of their insured property owners, all in the name of maximizing profit. In such scenarios, it’s wise for property owners to seek legal counsel and explore all available options, rather than just those presented by insurance company representatives.
Moreover, the process of managing a property insurance claim can be fraught with intricate factors, technical prerequisites, and legal documents. For this very reason, many sensible property and business owners opt for the expertise of seasoned attorneys to help guide them through this complex process.
Here at Herbert Trial Law, we are not only your trusted Houston property damage lawyer, but we also boast a highly competent and experienced network of specialists to aid in appraising property damages. This network includes contractors, public adjusters, and engineers. Their expertise allows us to effectively challenge and overturn many of the insurance company’s claims about your property insurance. This approach ensures you have a higher chance of receiving a fair amount of damages for your property.
Remember, when it comes to navigating the complexities of property damage law, you don’t have to go it alone. Let us fight for your rights and help you secure the compensation you deserve.
Why Would an Insurance Company Deny Your Claim?
It’s quite common to hear property owners grumble about unsuccessful property damage claims. While the denial of an insurance claim can indeed be vexing, insurance companies often have valid grounds for denying coverage. Here are five typical reasons that an insurance company may deny your property damage claim.
- Exclusion of Damage in Your Policy: If your policy does not cover the specific kind of damage your property has sustained, the insurance company is justified in denying your claim.
- Non-compliance with Policy Obligations: If you fail to fulfill your obligations as outlined in your insurance policy, this can result in your property damage claim being denied.
- Inaccurate Information Provided: As a policyholder, it’s crucial to provide accurate and truthful information to your insurance company. Any discrepancies or falsehoods in the information provided during the claims process could lead to a denial of your claim.
- Insurance Fraud: Should you deliberately cause damage to your property and claim for it, your insurance company can rightfully deny your claim on grounds of insurance fraud.
- Policy Cancellation by Your Insurance Company: Insurance policies can be canceled for various reasons, the most common being failure to pay premiums on time. If your policy is canceled, your claim will naturally be denied.
If you face a claim denial, it’s crucial to consult with a Houston property damage lawyer to assess if the insurance company had legitimate reasons to deny coverage. If your claim was denied wrongfully, you might be able to file a lawsuit against your insurance provider for acting in bad faith.
Let Herbert Trial Law, your trusted Houston property damage lawyer, guide you through this process and fight for your rights.
Call Us Now.
10 minutes can make all the difference.