Houston Car Accident Lawyer
Level the Playing Field Against Big Insurance Companies! Our Attorneys Are Ready to Win!
You may be wondering, why should I hire a Houston car accident lawyer? The fact is, Nothing can prepare you for the difficulties that follow a car accident. Whether the injuries you sustain are serious or minor, dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be painful, and stressful and leave you with a mountain of financial problems. As Medical bills continue to pile up, you find yourself unable to work, while battling with the insurance company of the other driver. If you’re thinking, “I don’t deserve this,” you are right. Unfortunately, the realities of a car accident are painful, and exhausting and require a Houston Car Accident Lawyer.
Herbert Trial Law steps in front of the insurance companies and makes your recovery process simple. We equip you with the knowledge you need to get through every step of the way while ensuring that the insurance company pays… every single cent you deserve.
Insurance companies are notorious for lowball offers and deceptive settlement schemes. Don’t fall for it. Call our offices now – We will provide you with a simple, 10-minute FREE case evaluation. You don’t pay anything unless we win your case.
Call (713) 987-7100 to schedule a FREE consultation with our team.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Until we win your case, you don’t pay our firm a dime. People don’t always contact a personal injury lawyer because they don’t believe they can afford to hire someone. Herbert Trial Law operates on a contingency fee basis because the last thing you need to worry about is spending more money.
Houston car accident lawyers work like this so that there’s nothing standing in the way of retaining experienced, aggressive legal representation. We understand that medical care in America is expensive, and until the insurance company provides a settlement, one of your main concerns is debt. There’s no reason to add attorney fees to the mounting expenses that result from a car accident.
When we win your case, we charge a percentage of your settlement total to cover any fees we incur throughout the case. You have nothing to lose when you schedule a free consultation to see how Herbert Trial Law can help you recover the compensation you need.
Herbert Trial Law Turns Denied Claims Into Fair Compensation
Insurance companies like to advertise that they are “on your side” or always there when you need them. Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that they train their adjusters to turn vague statements into denied claims and lowball settlement offers.
The attorneys at Herbert Trial Law know their tactics. That’s how we turn denied claims into real settlements for our clients.
- We turned Ashley’s denied claim into a $500,000 settlement.
- After an accident with a commercial vehicle, we turned Lisa’s $0 offer into $775,000.
- For our client Jackie, we turned a denied claim into a $1.5 million settlement.
If your case feels like an impossible win, or the insurance adjusters want to shift the blame to you, you deserve the best car accident lawyer in Houston, Texas. Our law firm has a proven track record of success, achieving the results our clients need and deserve.
The insurance company wants to protect its profits. Our #1 goal is to protect your future by maximizing your compensation to ensure you have stability.
Hiring Herbert Trial Law shows them that you mean business.
Why Do Insurance Companies Deny Auto Accident Claims?
The bottom line is that they want to protect the company’s bottom line. Insurance companies train their adjusters to look for weaknesses in car accident claims because every weakness is an opportunity for them to reduce the settlement offer.
If there’s enough reason for them to deny a claim, it’s in their best interest to do so. So, how do they deny claims?
- Lack of evidence for clear liability
- Mistakes in recorded statements
- Shifting blame to victims
- Claiming injuries aren’t relevant
Your Houston car accident lawyer at Herbert Trial Law investigates every aspect of your accident to build a claim the insurance company cannot deny. Then, we demand a settlement that reflects the true value of your claim. Schedule a Free Evaluation
How Much Is My Claim Really Worth?
There’s no universal answer because every situation is unique. A Houston car accident lawyer can help you determine the real value of your claim after your initial consultation. The value of your claim depends on the damages you incur from the accident.
Here are a few examples of damages:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages or reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
However, this is only part of the picture. Car insurance companies make lowball offers quickly after accidents to preserve profits. They look at your current situation and the tangible costs to send you an offer that protects their bottom line.
If you accept their offer and later find out you need additional treatment, that comes out of your pocket.
Our goal is to maximize your compensation and cover every cost you incur from the accident. When we calculate your offer, we look at the full picture to determine the current and future impact on your life. For example, if your hobby is boxing, and your accident damages your back, you might not be able to return to the gym anytime soon, if ever. That directly impacts your enjoyment and quality of life.
Your car accident settlement should cover every possible cost to keep your life from turning upside down. The skilled Houston attorneys at Herbert Trial Law can help you start that process today. All it takes to begin is a single phone call.
How Skilled Houston Car Accident Lawyers Build Stronger Claims
Texas is a fault state for car accident claims. This means that the person who caused the accident is liable, and their insurance policy covers the victim’s damages. Liability is the foundation of any car accident claim. Insurance companies look for cracks in that foundation to weaken it so that they can reduce or deny your claim.
A stronger claim means clear liability that the insurance company cannot deny. Herbert Trial Law conducts a thorough investigation of your accident, gathers evidence, and highlights fault and liability. Once your claim has an unshakeable foundation, we draft a demand letter for a comprehensive settlement and enter negotiations with the insurance company.
Every action you take following a crash has an impact on your case, so it’s crucial to call a car accident lawyer immediately after your accident.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
After you’ve been in a car accident, follow these 10 steps:
- Stop and check on the other party.
- If you are seriously injured, call 911 and report the accident.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident.
- Move out of harm’s way. Make sure you get yourself and your vehicle to safety. If you or someone was injured, and the other driver drove away, call the police and make sure you get a copy of the police report.
- Stay cool. Don’t engage in arguments, regardless of how frustrating the situation may be.
- Collect the other driver’s information. Take a picture of their driver’s license and insurance. If they don’t have insurance card, ask them for their name, phone number, insurance company and policy number.
- Do not accept or admit fault. No matter how much the other driver insists that the accident is your fault, remain calm and don’t accept the blame. The other party can use any statements you make against you, and even if you believe you are at fault, you might not be. It isn’t easy to determine who’s at fault in an accident at first.
- Take pictures of the scene. Be sure to get every angle and the license plate number on the vehicle.
- Talk to witnesses and get their information as well.
- Do not accept any advance payment offers.
After the wreck follow these 5 steps:
- See your doctor right away, even if you don’t think you’re hurt. Many people don’t realize they have an injury until weeks or months after the accident, and it is better to be safe than sorry. Also, this creates records of your injuries to support your claim.
- Report the accident to your insurance company. They will ask you for the other driver’s information – give it to them and request any necessary paperwork you need to file.
- If they ask you for a recorded statement, the answer is NO. Not until you have a lawyer present. If you do not have a lawyer yet, call Herbert Trial Law – 713-987-7100
- Obtain a copy of your Texas Accident Report. If you work with our firm, we will request it for you.
- Continue to keep appointments with your doctor if you’re injured.
How do I read my Texas car accident report?
Before you can read your car accident report, you must first obtain it. Obtaining a car accident report can feel daunting when you are facing insurance companies and other obstacles.
You will need the following information to make your request:
- Your legal name or business name involved in the crash.
- The Driver’s License/ID Number of a person involved in the crash.
- The 17 Digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of a vehicle involved in the crash.
- 8 Digit TX Dot Crash ID assigned to the car wreck.
If you work with our car accident law firm, we will request this report for you.
A crash report, also known as a CR-3 report includes 4 pages.
Page 1: This page includes the basic details of the cash, which include:
- Who was involved in the crash.
- The vehicle information involved in the crash
- Detailed information of where the crash occurred.
- Detailed information on when the crash occurred.
- Whether pedestrians or cyclists were involved in the crash
- Whether any injuries are known to the officer during the time of the crash (This is not final say)
Pro Tip: There are specific codes that you need to pay attention to, indicating whether the following were involved:
- Whether a seatbelt or helmet was used
- Did the airbag deploy?
- Was the driver under the influence of alcohol or drugs?
- Was there a pedestrian hit at a crosswalk?
A reference for these codes can be found here.
Page 2 includes detailed information that is highly relevant to the outcome of your case:
- List of drivers/pedestrians/cyclists who were injured or killed in the car crash.
- List of charges or citations that were issued.
- Property Damage from the car wreck.
- List of contributing factors to the car accident
- Drawing and narrative of the accident by the investigating officer.
It is important to note that the investigating officer’s report is not the final word. In some cases, a person can still be at fault if they were not cited.
Page 3 simply explains the codes used on the previous pages.
Page 4 is a continuation of the explanations of codes used on the previous pages.
Types of Car Accidents
There are many types of car accidents, and each has unique factors and challenges. For example, a rollover case is quite different from one involving a pedestrian. Each case might require a different type of expert to help the investigation.
That’s why it is essential to work with a Houston car accident lawyer who has extensive experience with a range of car wreck cases.
Rear-end collisions are one of the most common types of auto accidents in Houston, TX. Often, these accidents happen in a flash.
One moment, you’re minding your own business at a stop light. Then, a distracted driver slams into your vehicle. It’s something people across the country experience. While minor accidents are common, they also have the potential for severe consequences.
If the crash involves high speeds, the victims’ injuries can completely change their lives. Moreover, they can cause a multi-car accident.
When you work with a trusted Houston car accident attorney, you are more likely to win your claim. Additionally, you are much more likely to reach a higher settlement and recover the funds you actually need to rebuild your future.
A head-on crash happens when the front end of a vehicle collides with an object. These crashes can involve one or two vehicles. In a single-car accident, the vehicle hits a fixed object, like a parked car, roadside fixture, or even a building.
Occasionally, these accidents involve two cars traveling in opposite directions and colliding.
T-bone collisions occur when one vehicle hits the side of another vehicle, forming a T shape. However, the nickname doesn’t reveal the severe potential for damage in this type of collision.
Often, these accidents cause catastrophic, life-threatening injuries for both drivers and their passengers. More than anyone else, the person sitting at the point of the impact is in danger.
Even in a vehicle with side airbags and stronger frames, passengers face a great deal of danger. Additionally, the force can cause the struck vehicle to move into the path of other vehicles or slam against a wall, pole, or tree.
Rollover accidents happen when a car rolls onto its side or roof, flips, or turns over and over. While they don’t always involve other cars or trucks, they are among the most dangerous accidents for occupants.
The majority of cars don’t roll over in a collision, though. These accidents only account for about 3% of all motor vehicle accidents in the United States. Still, about one in three fatal accidents is a rollover.
So, while these are not frequent, they are quite deadly. From the description, you might think no one but the driver is at fault in these accidents. However, there are causes to these accidents that leave you with legal opportunities.
Contact the Houston car accident lawyers at Herbert Trial Law to learn more about your options.
It is illegal to flee the scene of an accident. However, there are numerous reasons someone might do so.
- The driver has no insurance policy.
- Their license is suspended or not with them.
- The driver is drunk or under the influence.
- They have outstanding warrants or are involved in criminal activity.
Still, if law enforcement finds a hit-and-run driver, they may charge them with a crime. Additionally, your Houston car accident lawyer can help you hold them liable for the damages caused.
Contact a Trial-Tested Houston Car Accident Lawyer
Healing takes time and energy that’s difficult to spare. We shield our clients from aggressive insurance adjusters and opposing attorneys because we want you to focus on your mental and physical recovery.
Our Houston car accident lawyer builds a claim with a strong foundation. We put you in the best possible position to demand the compensation you deserve. If an insurance company refuses to provide a fair settlement in negotiations, we take them to court.
Herbert Trial Law’s #1 goal is to achieve the settlement you need to live a stable life. Call us today at (713) 987-7100 to schedule a FREE consultation with our team.